Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Possum

     One Saturday Dave worked outside all day. When he came in to eat dinner he left the garage door open and forgot about it for a few hours. Right before bed Dave ran out and closed it. A WEEK WENT BY. The next Saturday I made raspberry jam and loaded it into the outside freezer. While I was out there I heard a rustle but with so much stuff as there is out there, I didn't think about it much. Later Dave went out to get something for me and yelled at me to grab the camera and 'not freak out'. I ran over with the camera ready and Dave pointed up to the shelf. A KITTY!! How did a cat get in our garage, it hasn't been open for a week?! Dave says, Syd look closer, that is NOT a cat!  Dave, is that a possum? Yes, yes it is. GROSS! I was just out there for 20 minutes rearranging the freezer and there is a possum waiting to attack me. Let me remind you it had been in there for A WEEK!! How gross is that? Our garage is broken so Dave had to open it manually. The poor guy worked for hours and that possum wouldn't give up. At first he tried to get it out nicely, just coxing with a broom handle. Then he moved to forceful prodding with the broom. The possum kept running from the air compressors to the top of the garage and finally Dave started batting at it trying to get it out. After about a hour of fighting it, he came in the house pretty upset, wandered back to our room and came back with the CO2 powered Beebe gun. It was hot and he was tired and done. He shot it in the butt trying to get it to run and but it wouldn't. He shot that thing over 20 times before it finally died. Dave hates to kill anything but I think he was happy when that thing finally died. We are very careful to always close the garage when we aren't out there now.


1 comment:

Turok said...

ewwwwwww i can only imagine what your expression was on your face when you first discovered that possum. that is hilarious!